Thursday, July 5, 2007

Only One Left

The dogs got a hold of another youngster yesterday. It flew towards the nest and landed on the patio. I tried to grab Molly to keep her from attacking, but wasn't able to get her in time. Pongo grabbed the bird too, so now only one young robin is left. Hopefully, it will be able to stay alive.

I can only do so much to keep my dogs away. Molly has that killer instinct in her when it comes to small animals like birds, rabbits, squirrels, etc. I was fairly surprised that Pongo joined in.

The dogs have begun to figure out the fence. They are close to being ready for off-leash supervision. To this point, I've let them run with leash attached just in case they did something. I just hope they learn to enjoy the yard without getting the correction. It's an Invisible Fence.

No comments: